Monday, March 10, 2014

price-pfister-parts-help



I'm trying to find a bushing for a price pfister kitchen faucet. I found it in build.com website but delivery is not til Nov 16! LOL Does anyone know of any other source possibly? I've been searching for the last 2 days with no luck. I'm debating if I want to replace a perfectly good faucet for just the bushing I can't seem to find. The part number is 950-341.
Link to faucet faq...
FAQ
Item 2 is my issue:
2. Leaking from the base of the spout:
If the unit is leaking from the base of the spout, replace the o-ring (950-635) and bushing (950-341) on the spout.

Welcome to the forums!! A direct contact to Price Pfister via their customer service phone number will result in an immediate shipping of any parts you need. They have a lifetime warranty, and I would be surprised if they gave you any excuses at all. I have never had a problem.

I did some googling for ya... and came up cold. In fact a few sites I looked at said the part was DISCONTINUED! ouch. How old is the faucet? This seems like planned obsolescence at it's finest (worst?).
Pfis Pricester doesn't make it easy to find that telephone number on their site either!
I did find this finally:
Call 1-800 PFAUCET (732-8238) to talk to a Consumer Support representative
[edit: Maybe they changed the number? I found this:]
Pfister 950-3410 35 / 36 Series Bushing
But the 'lead time varies' bit is a bit ominous.
Looks like you can also add a zero to the O-ring number as well.
I might be tempted to just try replacing the o-ring without the bushing and see what happens, and I would think you should be able to find a 'generic' ring to use... bring the old ring and the spout to a real hardware store...

Thanks for replies guys. The faucet is probably a good 10 years old. It was already installed when we moved in 7 years ago. It still works great except for that base leak. The bushing is cracked and this is where the water is sipping through. The wait is too long for a parts replacement. I think I might just go ahead and start shopping around for a faucet. I was also hoping to find the bushing since it's easier than dealing with the hot and cold water connection under the sink.

I suggest Moen if your going to replace. Its all I use.
Mike NJ

Second vote for Moen......................

I've not installed Moen in years, so I suppose with the accolades being heaped by the qualified plumbers, they have changed. I had a guy who ran a personal care home. These folks were rough on faucets. Leaned on them, turned them off too hard, etc. He had me replace the old plastic Moen faucets probably every month. Cheap, $25 each back then. Plastic, mostly. I finally told him to let me put in a faucet that could take it. I put in a PP and never heard from him again.
So, if Moen has graduated to the 21st century and is using brass waterways, etc. then that's great. I just remember my earlier experience. Glad to know their quality is better.

I forgot to mention that I did replace the O-ring with something I found from the local Ace Hardware, this is the second time replacing the O-ring, the last replacement was about 2-3 years ago. I looked around for a decently priced faucet last night and found this one from Amazon (gotta love free shipping and no tax). This one comes with a sprayer though, I have a fourth hole but it's in use by the R/O water dispenser. Is there an option to not use the sprayer, not hook it up or something.
Edit: Hmm, I looked at the faucet again today and I don't think that was the one I was looking at last night. I thought it was a Moen... sigh, I must have been out of it.

If you like a spray its in the handle.
Amazon.com: Moen, Inc. 87316C Renzo Single Handle Pullout Kitchen Faucet: Home Improvement
You could do this type with spray. Does not use the hole for RO.
Amazon.com: Moen, Inc. 87316C Renzo Single Handle Pullout Kitchen Faucet: Home Improvement
No spray.
Amazon.com: Moen 7425 Chateau One-Handle Low Arc Kitchen Faucet, Chrome: Kitchen Bath Fixtures
Two handle high arc.
Amazon.com: Moen 87300 Chrome Two Handle High Arc Kitchen Faucet with Spray: Kitchen Bath Fixtures
You can cap the spray port on the Moens. There is a speacial plug for it. Thats what I did with mine because I have RO. I put a spray on the aerator.
I will get the part # of the plug if you need it.
Mike NJ

The 87300 looks almost similar to the one I have, it's sold by another company through Amazon so I will have to search around for pricing with decent shipping. If you have the part # of the plug handy, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm not a fan of sprays.

Just to update this thread, might be useful for someone searching in the future. I went to Pfister's website and used their contact form. I got a reply from someone and long story short, they sent me a couple of o-rings and when that did not fix it, they sent me a new spout assembly! Fixed that leaking problem without spending a dime
Thanks Pfister!






Tags: price, pfister, parts, Amazon Moen, Kitchen Faucet, 87316C Renzo, 87316C Renzo Single, 87316C Renzo Single Handle, 87316C Renzo Single Handle Pullout, Amazon Moen 87316C, Amazon Moen 87316C Renzo, Amazon Moen 87316C Renzo Single